We combine knowledge from the academic investigation and the continuous entrepreneurial contact: robustness + agility.
We have huge experience in strategic, organizational and human capital consulting.
- We are private and public enterprises counselors in Europe and Latin America.
- We belong to academic research groups.
- We manage and have managed people and companies.
- We publish academic articles and papers in specialized national and international publications.
- We participate in academic and economic forums.
We work as a network with people with many different experiences that match the accompaniment to be done.
We all believe in the transformational power of people and their complexity.
Methodologies and specific tools
To position businesses (in transformation processes) on a cuadrant to know, in a generic way, their characteristics in according to two variables:
- Change style vision of the company
- Company’s type of organization
Three main applications:
- To know the type of culture in a company (AS-IS)
- To compare an initial culture with the desired one in a company (previous to the transformation)
- To compare the cultures of two different organizations in the same moment (same company: coexistence, different companies: previous to a merger)
To carry out this three-phase process, a 5 hours workshop with the company’s relevant people involved (Steering Committee) is needed.
The tool has 32 parameters and comes from the academic analysis of the O and E theories from Beer and Nohria (2000) with application in businesses for more than 15 years.
The outputs’ layout is extremely clear and intuitive using three views:
- Change Quadrant Index graphic layout (high level vision)
- Change Quadrant Index analysis data
- Analysis report of each of the 32 parameters’ groups and their differences
To position the people who work in a business or in a part of it in different scales (independent blocks):
- To evaluate the knowledge worker based on three variables (flexibility, virtuality and knowledge&decisions)
- To measure the impact that workplace has on his/her individual productivity based on variables that predict it.
- To measure the impact that the team, the boss and the organization have on his/her individual productivity.
To obtain the employee relation diagnostic with:
- Boss(es) or responsable(s) he/she has relation with
- Team(s) he/she works with
- Organization ehe/she works in
Also his/her relation with individual productivity predictors and the way to handle them in order to improve it and his/her knowledge worker level for a later comparison with another variables.
HR area meetings and functional director meetings are highly recommended.
The tool is an on-line questionnaire structured in 3 blocks with 30 items y 6 additional open questions (estimated response time: 12-15 minutes).
It is based on the CUBOT Model of the GIOS (Grupo de Investigación de Organizaciones Sostenibles from ETSII- UPM) and developed by Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation in through a very complete report structured in chapters with conclusions by profile, area, field, etc.
To diagnoze the employees’ digital talent obtaining two outputs: the Digital Index to evaluate digital knowledge and digital skills and the Digital Ability to measure uses and preferences and digital skills.
Digital Index is recommended for organizations that already have started digital training, leaving Digital Ability for companies that want to know the awareness level in the digital world.
- To identify digital talent within an organization (intra-departmental or global).
- To compare the Digital Index or business digital level with other businesses or entrepreneurial sectors.
- To know the different digital profiles to take organizational decisions in transformation processes.
- To reveal training and development needs of the people evaluated.
The psychometric tool has been developed by The Valley Digital Business School (2017) from its digital world experience, and it is a on-line questionnaire of 60 items and 3 difficulty levels (estimated response time: 15-20 minutes).
Three reports are generated:
- Individual report: information of each employee competences, knowledge or digital uses with an spider graph showing the adjustment to the different digital profiles and a bar comparative profiles graph over the TVDBS standard.
- Group report: comparison between departments in digital competences, digital knowledge or digital uses.
- Overall, a Digital Talent Map is created.
To identify the organizational structures adhocracy level (and, by contrast, the burocracy level) and to obtain the value of one of the knowledge workers individual productivity predictors.
The values obtained and a workshop with HR and the area Managers gives us the organizational structure characteristics. In the case of a whole company the workshop is with the CEO or General Manager.
The different organizational structures evolutionary states helps us define the culture in more accurate way.
With the cultural analysis the organizational structure is better defined because there should be a mutual alignment.
The tool is an 24 items on-line questionnaire (estimated response time: 5-10 minutes). It is based on 9 blocks from the organizational structure Mintzberg theory (1979) and developed Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation is through a report in which the nine blocks are analyzed with a global organizational conclusion and an business sector benchmark.
To generate a people centered action plan that improves the individual and organizational satisfaction and productivity through six predictor variables.
This is a person&worker-centric-model and searches how to improve his/her individual productivity and work satisfaction. That is the reason that has been balanced designed taking care of three types of factors:
- People external to the individual
- Non-people external to the individual
- Internal to the individual
Several workshops with the Top Business Management and HR Managers are required to obtain an overall vision.
The tool is an 93 items on-line questionnaire (estimated response time: 20-30 minutes) with answers in different ways (Likert scale 1 to 5, percentage scale from 0% to 100% with 10% intervals, and free text).
Based on different sources (Mintzberg; Hersey y Blanchard; GIOS-Moreno, Mataix y Mahou; JSS-Warr, Cook y Wall; JSS-MacIntyre, Thivierge y MacDonald; BIAJS-De Thompson y Phua; Siegrist y Peter; USACERL-Thomas y Baron) and developed by Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation is through an structured report around the different analysis blocks and with an specific action plan.