We combine knowledge from the academic investigation and the continuous entrepreneurial contact: robustness + agility.
We have huge experience in strategic, organizational and human capital consulting.
- We are private and public enterprises counselors in Europe and Latin America.
- We belong to academic research groups.
- We manage and have managed people and companies.
- We publish academic articles and papers in specialized national and international publications.
- We participate in academic and economic forums.
We work as a network with people with many different experiences that match the accompaniment to be done.
We all believe in the transformational power of people and their complexity.
Methodologies and specific tools
To evaluate the level of maturity and/or preparation of an organization or group of people before a process of change.
It will offer us information that will allow us to assess:
- The degree of foreseeable difficulty in managing the change process (level of resistance to change that is expected to be found).
- If it is the right time to start / continue the process of change or it is worth assessing other possible moments.
- If it is advisable to plan previous or parallel actions before a change process to facilitate its management and improve its chances of success.
The tool is a questionnaire of 32 questions grouped into 12 blocks developed by the Research Group of the Institute of Integral Management Development (IDDI) of the Research Chair Irene Vázquez Person-centered Company – UFV (2018).
The presentation of results is through a radial diagram that compares the ideal situation (which is defined jointly with the company) with the real one in each of the twelve points and that generates some gaps for each of them that allow designing actions of organization preparation.
To position businesses (in transformation processes) on a cuadrant to know, in a generic way, their characteristics in according to two variables:
- Change style vision of the company
- Company’s type of organization
Three main applications:
- To know the type of culture in a company (AS-IS)
- To compare an initial culture with the desired one in a company (previous to the transformation)
- To compare the cultures of two different organizations in the same moment (same company: coexistence, different companies: previous to a merger)
To carry out this three-phase process, a 5 hours workshop with the company’s relevant people involved (Steering Committee) is needed.
The tool has 32 parameters and comes from the academic analysis of the O and E theories from Beer and Nohria (2000) with application in businesses for more than 15 years.
The outputs’ layout is extremely clear and intuitive using three views:
- Change Quadrant Index graphic layout (high level vision)
- Change Quadrant Index analysis data
- Analysis report of each of the 32 parameters’ groups and their differences
To identify the organizational structures adhocracy level (and, by contrast, the burocracy level) and to obtain the value of one of the knowledge workers individual productivity predictors.
The values obtained and a workshop with HR and the area Managers gives us the organizational structure characteristics. In the case of a whole company the workshop is with the CEO or General Manager.
The different organizational structures evolutionary states helps us define the culture in more accurate way.
With the cultural analysis the organizational structure is better defined because there should be a mutual alignment.
The tool is an 24 items on-line questionnaire (estimated response time: 5-10 minutes). It is based on 9 blocks from the organizational structure Mintzberg theory (1979) and developed Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation is through a report in which the nine blocks are analyzed with a global organizational conclusion and an business sector benchmark.
To position the people who work in a business or in a part of it in different scales (independent blocks):
- To evaluate the knowledge worker based on three variables (flexibility, virtuality and knowledge&decisions)
- To measure the impact that workplace has on his/her individual productivity based on variables that predict it.
- To measure the impact that the team, the boss and the organization have on his/her individual productivity.
To obtain the employee relation diagnostic with:
- Boss(es) or responsable(s) he/she has relation with
- Team(s) he/she works with
- Organization ehe/she works in
Also his/her relation with individual productivity predictors and the way to handle them in order to improve it and his/her knowledge worker level for a later comparison with another variables.
HR area meetings and functional director meetings are highly recommended.
The tool is an on-line questionnaire structured in 3 blocks with 30 items y 6 additional open questions (estimated response time: 12-15 minutes).
It is based on the CUBOT Model of the GIOS (Grupo de Investigación de Organizaciones Sostenibles from ETSII- UPM) and developed by Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation in through a very complete report structured in chapters with conclusions by profile, area, field, etc.
To identify the digital talent and its existing degree of development in an organization or area, providing a clear diagnosis of the digital attitudes and skills starting before any process of digital transformation and digital disruption.
The DTMAP tool and methodology consists of:
- An individual questionnaire that evaluates your current Digital Talent profile, either as a freelancer or as part of a group or team
- A customized Digital Talent Map for each area and global, which brings together the strengths of areas and groups
- Ideas and proposals for training and personal development programs adapted to the needs of each professional or department
The psychometric tool has been developed by Rooter from his experience in the digital world to empower individuals and companies and help them recognize their digital talent, assess their diversity, and further address and develop their individual and collective digital potential from a perspective. multiple. It has a database of more than 11,000 people.
DTMAP is structured in two focuses of digital talent:
- Digital skills: Knowledge and skills on IT tools, Social media, eCommerce …
- Digital attitudes: New ways of working, communicating and establishing digital and personal relationships.
The tool maps the digital talent of an organization, classifying the results based on four types: “Pioneer”, “Adapter”, “Connector” and “Enabler”.
To generate a people centered action plan that improves the individual and organizational satisfaction and productivity through six predictor variables.
This is a person&worker-centric-model and searches how to improve his/her individual productivity and work satisfaction. That is the reason that has been balanced designed taking care of three types of factors:
- People external to the individual
- Non-people external to the individual
- Internal to the individual
Several workshops with the Top Business Management and HR Managers are required to obtain an overall vision.
The tool is an 93 items on-line questionnaire (estimated response time: 20-30 minutes) with answers in different ways (Likert scale 1 to 5, percentage scale from 0% to 100% with 10% intervals, and free text).
Based on different sources (Mintzberg; Hersey y Blanchard; GIOS-Moreno, Mataix y Mahou; JSS-Warr, Cook y Wall; JSS-MacIntyre, Thivierge y MacDonald; BIAJS-De Thompson y Phua; Siegrist y Peter; USACERL-Thomas y Baron) and developed by Francisco Fernández Ferreras, Organizational Engineer PhD (2017).
Results presentation is through an structured report around the different analysis blocks and with an specific action plan.
To identify how to evolve the existing organizational structure towards models that meet the three “teal” objectives: self-management, completeness and evolutionary purpose.
Identify the “daily practices” that coexist with different degrees of organizational evolution and that help to move towards the objective organizational architecture in a natural way, empowering them in each area and building on them.
It may be necessary to carry out several work sessions with Senior Management and the HR area to have a complete vision.
The tool is a 3-4 hour workshop with the HR area and a representation of the areas in which you want to start.
It is based on the work of Laloux (2014) and has been developed by the Doctor in Social and Organizational Psychology Ana Moreno Romero (2017).
The presentation of results is through a structured report on the three “teal” elements and specific lines of action to carry out the implementation of daily actions in each area of the company.